Posted: 5:39 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 10, 2013
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Preseason Super Six
Shakoa Edwards, Boynton Beach, G, 5-3, senior: Dangerous scorer who also can pass and, despite her size, rebound.
Neydja Petithomme, Grandview Prep, G, 5-8, senior: A nightmare for opposing defenses, she averaged 18.4 points and 5.2 assists per game as a junior.
Crystal Primm, Oxbridge Academy, W, 5-11, junior: Transfer from Palm Beach Central can fill the stat sheet, but she will have to sit out until January because of a knee injury.
Keyanna Harris, Dwyer, W, 6-0, senior: Good rebounder who makes the game look easy.
Jonika Garvin, Lake Worth, F, 6-0, junior: Averaged 20.9 points and 7.7 rebounds per game as a sophomore.
Vionise Pierre-Louis, Grandview Prep, C, 6-4, senior: A force around the basket who averaged 14.2 rebounds per game last season.
The Post’s preseason Top 10
1. Grandview Prep: Returns last year’s core that was eliminated in the state semifinals.
2. Dwyer: Must replace size, but the talent is still there.
3. Lake Worth: A big season is anticipated as Trojans star Jonika Garvin enters junior year.
4. Boynton Beach: Last year’s early postseason exit should fuel the Tigers.
5. Palm Beach Lakes: Graduated a lot of talent in offseason but should still contend for district title.
6. Boca Raton: Features a good backcourt that will give opposing teams problems.
7. Palm Beach Gardens: Young squad that returns four starters from last year’s district runner-up team.
8. Oxbridge Academy: Should have a solid season in first year as part of FHSAA.
9. Park Vista: The duo of forward Emily Lochten and guard Kiara Meeks will make the Cobras dangerous.
10. Suncoast: An experienced team that should compete well this season.